ASP Hosting sale!
Double disk space and transfer for FREE!
Limited time offer! Act Now!

aspdev | articles | tutorials | forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Concerns with Window Stability

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ASPdev.org Forum Index -> ASP and ASP.NET Hosting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x-raysteve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Concerns with Window Stability Reply with quote

Last time I was really reliant on Window Servers for mission critical applications was probably over 10 years ago. Since then I have focused on linux and other unix derivatives including Solaris.

I am looking into a windows environment for a project I am working on, but I still have those old feelings of reliability and management. I always had many more issues with my windows servers failing than I did with any of my BDSI, Solaris or Linux boxes.

How much have things changed, and what can I expect if I migrate back over into the window server world?

I hear issues that even things like IP deny lists are not easily implemented under Windows.
administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows 2003 Server is an excellent server platform and I haven't had any problems with it. WIndows 2003 Server is as stable as any Limux/UNIX distribution as long as the server administrator managing it, knows what he is doing...
x-raysteve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the confidence boost. Sometimes it can be difficult shaking old conceptions and mis-conceptions. Looking back on the last 10 years in computing, it is kind of foolish of me holding any kind of pre-conceived notions from so long ago.
administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 years is a long time indeed Smile. Lots of things have changed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ASPdev.org Forum Index -> ASP and ASP.NET Hosting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: